Please note, these instructions are for HOME matches. Although many of them will also apply to away matches, there may
be some local variations.
Before the match
- Check for symptoms of Covid-19. If you are symptomatic or living with someone who is, please remain at home and
follow Government advice.
- Please familiarise yourself with the latest Government advice on social distancing, which you can find HERE.
- Take personal hygiene measures (handwashing/sanitising) before leaving for the match.
- Changing rooms will NOT be in use, so please arrive ready to play.
- Please arrive no more than 15 minutes before the scheduled start time.
- Please bring your own hand sanitiser.
- Provide/confirm your contact details when asked. These will be kept on file for 21 days to provide to NHS Track
and Trace if necessary.
- Please bring your own seating if required as none will be provided.
- The club will not provide first aid equipment (except in life-or-death situation), so you may wish to bring your
- NO membership fees are payable for this season (though voluntary payment of this would be gratefully received).
Match fees are at a suggested level of £5 (concessions free) but we are operating a “pay what you
- If paying a match fee by cash, please place this in an envelope at home and hand the envelope to the captain or
treasurer before the match. Bank transfer is preferred (account name: Bar Hill Cricket Club; Sort code 60-04-23;
account no. 22897763)
- Teas and drinks will NOT be provided so please bring your own refreshments.
- NO club equipment will be provided unless by prior arrangement. Please make the captain aware if you need
equipment (particularly helmets). This should be done AT LEAST three days before the match.
- The officials’ toilet in the village hall will be available for use. Only one person at a time may enter the
village hall and must sanitise the external and internal door handles after use. The external door must be kept
locked and the key returned to the sanitisation station on the village green.
During the match
- Please observe social distancing both on and off the field. The home team can congregate (while observing social
distancing) on the social club side of the net. The away team can congregate on the houses side of the net.
- Do not share equipment.
- Do not apply sweat or saliva to the ball.
- After every six overs or 20 minutes play will be stopped for hand sanitising by all participants and cleaning of
- Clean your bat after use.
- Maintain social distancing during wicket celebrations and drinks/sanitisation breaks.
- Maintain social distancing in the field (wicketkeeper and slip fielders at 1m+)
- Batters to run in areas which will be marked on the pitch as shown in this graphic:
- Umpires should remain socially distant from players at all times.
- Umpires’ coats will NOT be used. It is suggested umpires wear a coloured top to differentiate them from
fielders, and provide their own items to count deliveries.
- Only umpires should replace the bails and remake the wicket.
- Umpires should not touch the ball. It should be returned to the base of the stumps at breaks and at the fall of
- Umpires will not hold any item of players’ clothing. Any player wishing to remove clothing must themselves
put it beyond the boundary.
- Sanitise hands after all contact with stumps or bails.
- Scorers must maintain social distancing. The scorebook and other equipment must not be shared.
At the end of the game
Please leave the area as soon as possible.
The designated officers will be responsible for cleaning and storing any equipment used. No one apart from the
designated officers shall remove equipment.
* The above instructions operate in addition to the club Code of Conduct and Health & Safety Policy